Good Life - SG Good Life - SG

Well done!

This song starts off very smooth and rounded - those synths are spectacular! It gives the whole song a mellow but large feel. Also love how it increases gradually, giving this piece quite an excitement. I picture in my mind ecstasy, happiness, and the highest heaven. I love pianos; the piano gives this piece that classic, dreamy sort of feel. That's a very light bass in the piece, but I think that is what really gives this piece that dreamy feel. Some people say that a lot of bass enhances the song, but I would blatantly disagree, because if you had used too much bass in this one, I think it would just wreck the entire dreamyness of the piece. I also love how, in the middle parts of the piece, at parts the notes are punchy; not very long. I think that gives the piece excitement in some parts - like, for example, the exciting parts of life. The parts in the middle that have not-so punchy notes (long notes), I would like to think of those parts as the relaxing parts of life. :)

Ending was excellent. Right from an exciting part of the song, you managed well to dissolve this piece into a peaceful resolve. It really well represents, for me, the peaceful and wistful end of life. The long notes just add to the effect of wistfulness and airiness.

The rhythm I, too, liked. The percussion was very light, which added to, of course, the dreamy, trance-like feel of this piece. ThereâEUTMs this certain degree of âEUoelightnessâEU of the drums that actually makes these drums you use in your pieces uniquely yours. All your pieces have this certain style, this certain dreaminess that is almost like a signature you put on each one of your pieces; it makes your pieces unique in style.

Overall, 5/5 10/10, excellent for doing homework/playing Minecraft or Pokemon or smth. Or whatever! You managed to capture the whole trance-like feel that I love. To be honest with you, youâEUTMre the one who had me go into this whole genre, Trance, so kudos to you. I love most, if not all, your pieces. There very uplifting. (I donâEUTMt think IâEUTMll ever get to your skill level, to be honest. My pieces suck. D: )

As I always like to say, life is but a state of trance!

- Zirocket-8

probably my longest review to date.

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

wowiee wow! lol thanks for this wonderful review, this might be the longest review you've wrote, but this is the best review i've ever had, so thank you (;

Shit Society Shit Society

... Gritty on the ears, the voice is hoarse, ruins everything, the drums sound stiff, guitar sound horrible.

Also, wrong genre, buddy.

HellThrasher responds:

They don't have a label for "toilet shit" so I put it in easy listening. Fuck off, cunt.

If You Want To If You Want To

OMG SO GOOD :D

First of all, the notes sound epic and awesome! The chord progressions are like no other I have heard, and it really adds to the song. It makes me really feel good. I never get tired of it, so in this song, there is no such thing as "too repetitive"! I also love the buildups, with the strong piano and such. It's so grand! The instruments also go very well together.

Also like the beginning, it reminds me of a grand sunshine over the Toronto skyline. :D so good!

The bass can be a little teensy bit stronger at some parts. But that does not stop at all from the epicness grandness and awesomeness of the song! Not at all! I hope one day you'll go big! Praise to you.

Overall: 10/10 5/5. Excellent!

(P.S. can you tell me how to get that wonderful piano? did you use any VSTs? If so, which one? I would really like to know. It's AWESOME!)

haus {durn} haus {durn}

This was a very good house track, first of all...

I love the overall chill feel to the song, the chords really fit into the atmosphere, for that big downtown-core city feel. Makes me feel like I'm driving downtown Toronto (where I live) at night, with brilliant lights.

I also really liked the scratch at 2:02. It's really well planned out, and I really liked how you managed to control those scratches rhythmically without messing up the beat. It was also a smooth transition to the middle section of the piece.

What I didn't really like was when the lead reaches a very high pitch at 2:34. It kind of hurt my ears :(

Overall, 5/5 10/10 97%. Awesome! -3% for high pitched lead, but still is a very good house piece.

durn responds:

Yay Toronto! Gotta love this place. :) The array of cultures & sounds available here is very inspiring.

No control on my part for the scratching, it's a handy Combinator patch in Reason that happened to fit the bill for what I wanted. :) I figured with such a transition of styles it needed something more abrupt so I'm happy to see you think it worked out.

Agreed, everyone is telling me this, I've since re-uploaded with the chords/lead split into seperate channels for eq'ing of the highs on the lead. I hope it's corrected it but please let me know if not. :)

Thanks for the great review, fellow T-dotter!

Ass Back Home Remix - SG Ass Back Home Remix - SG

First of all, really liked this techno song...

What I liked: The voice with the automated filter at 0:22-0:32 and 1:49-1:53 The automation was controlled, smooth in transition, and a really good buildup method. It put some energy to the piece.

The swing rhythm at 0:54-1:26 and 3:02-3:30 was very controlled and you managed to make it swing really nicely without having the rhythm messed up. The swing was what made it unique from generic Techno. You also did a really good job on the swing on "Come Rave With Me". Very good job on that.

Constant Buildups. It really added to the piece, and it made the piece "fresh" and not boring for a long time (actually all the time :D)

The filter-automated "train-rhythm" kicks at 3:30-3:46 going with the buildup there. That is probably the best buildup you have in the song. It was energetic, but with that march tempo being maintained.
It lead up to the chorus very well

What I didn't like: There isn't really anything here.

Room for improvement: From what I hear from this song, you kind of reached an apex. Nothing much in this section, either.

Overall: 5/5 10/10. You really kicked some ass back home!

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you liked it ! (:

Rise to the Challenge Rise to the Challenge

Nice house piece

What I liked: Really like the pick up at 1:37 on. I really liked how you automated the filter there. I also like how it starts really pumping at 2:18 or so. I also really liked the unique chord progressions in the piece. It's not a generic one!

Improvements: at the "slippy" notes such as at 0:11, try to give it a little more reverb. That way, it would add more depth to those rather than having "starchy" notes, that part just doesn't really fit in too well.

Overall: Unique house, very good. Some room for improvement by adding more depth.

4.56/5 10/10

Zirocket-8

Future Review Request Club member?

DJJamez responds:

Haha yes. and i agree, i didn't think about the reverb idea! that would sound nice! thank you!

[From Dusk 'Til Dawn]* [From Dusk 'Til Dawn]*

This piece is very good, and it's a very unique techno piece.

I really liked how you managed the glossy piano throughout the piece. Along with the chords, it really gave a good feeling; it was full of energy. From 0:49 onwards I really liked the transition to the more upbeat parts in the middle - it wasn't too underwhelming nor was it too sudden, nor did it have anything that would ruin it (e.g. clipping). Well done there.

Room for improvement: At around 2:14-2:24 the chords sound a bit out of place - I hear some chromatic semitones that shouldn't be there. It might just be me, I'm not sure. It just feels a bit out of place there - perhaps review that area to see if you can do something about it - perhaps change the chords a bit. It was a small part though.

Overall, super awesome, I really love how you managed to make the different layers accompany each other. No clipping, wasn't too loud. Really good piano, sends euphoric chills through my back (it's a big compliment!). 5/5 10/10 98%

Zirocket-8

a possible future RRC member?

Solkrieg responds:

The chords in 2:14-2:24 you're hearing is a pad, it helps with the slow down, the chords are no different than the beginning. Thanks for the review! Every review helps!

"RRC" member?

SH - Content SH - Content

Excellent!

The bouncy bass is very catch, a little bit of distortion which adds to the effect to the song, and the saxophone gives the song the "big city" feeling. This time you managed to get the distortion under control. Excellent. Well done!

F-777 - Flying'n'Stuff F-777 - Flying'n'Stuff

Awesome!

All I know is that you should gain as much recognition as Skrillex, you are that awesome.

Remember Dial-up modems? Remember Dial-up modems?

I remember Dial up Modems. Awesome remix!